|Region||Co. Dublin - Dublin city|
|Uploaded by||David O'Shea|
|Unknown (Early 20th century?)|
|Gerry Smith (c. 1970)|
|Trevor Crowe Ltd (c. 1990)|
Corpus Christi Church was consecrated in 1941 and was originally equipped with an early electronic organ (possibly a Hammond), some of the machinery of which remains intact in two cabinets on the back wall of the west gallery. Around 1970 the church decided to purchase a second-hand pipe organ, which was apparently bought from Charleston Road Methodist Church, Ranelagh, and installed in Corpus Christi by Gerry Smith and Sam Wright. The original builder is unknown (various possible builders have been suggested), though much of the pipework is by Peter Conacher.
It is difficult to know what the instrument may have been like in its original form: it appears to have been a modest two-manual tracker instrument, which at some stage was converted to direct electric action with a detached console, though whether this was done before or after it was relocated to Drumcondra is uncertain. Having been installed on a limited budget, it did not function satisfactorily, though some remedial work (including some rather fine revoicing of the Great division) was carried out by Trevor Crowe circa 1990. However, the organ appeared not to have been maintained after that until the author had Stephen Adams inspect it in early 2008. On last inspection (in mid-2011) it was in a poor state of repair and awaits a major refurbishment.
|Large Open Diapason||8|
|Swell to Great|
|Great to Pedal|
|Swell to Pedal|
|Swell Octave (Non-functional)|
|Swell to Great Octave|
|Swell to Great Suboctave|