User login

Sandford Parish Church, Ranelagh

RegionCo. Dublin - Dublin city
Uploaded byDavid O'Shea
Builder(s)
Peter Conacher & Co. (1891)
Derek Verso (1991)
Images: 

Sandford Church was opened in 1826. The present Peter Conacher organ, built in 1891, replaced a smaller Forster and Andrews instrument built in 1872. A major restoration of the instrument was carried out by Derek Verso in 1991.

The organ has three manuals and 27 speaking stops; the key and stop actions are mechanical and the pedal action is pneumatic. The Choir division is unusual in that its two reeds (both of which begin at tenor C) are enclosed in a separate swell box.

Great
Open Diapason No. 18
Open Diapason No. 28
Gamba8
Gedackt8
Principal4
Hohl Flute4
Fifteenth2
Sesquialtra [sic.]12.17
MixtureIII
 
Swell
Bourdon Bass16
Bourdon Treble16
Open Diapason8
Salicional8
Voix Celeste8
Principal4
Fifteenth2
MixtureIII
Cornopean8
Tremulant
 
Choir
Stop Diapason [sic.]8
Gamba8
Wald Flute4
Nazard2 2/3
Piccolo2
Contra Fagotto (tenor C)16
Clarionet (tenor C)8
 
Pedal
Open Diapason16
Bourdon16
Violoncello8