User login

Church of St. Nicholas of Myra, Francis Street, Dublin 8

RegionCo. Dublin - Dublin city
Uploaded byRónán Murray
Builder(s)
Evans & Barr (c. 1920)
Images: 

This church once possessed a large three manual Telford organ, of which only the case remains. The current instrument is an Evans and Barr organ, believed to have been transferred there from a convent down the country. This work was carried out in the 1950s by the short-lived firm of Rooney and Coffey. The Choir division is enclosed and the action is electro-pneumatic. Manual compasses are 61 notes and the pedal compass is 30 notes. Although the organ has some lovely sounds, it is generally underscaled for this magnificent church.

Great
Bourdon16
Open Diapason I8
Open Diapason II8
Stopped Diapason8
Principal4
Fifteenth2
 
Swell
Open Diapason8
Rohr Flute8
Salicional8
Voix Celestes8
Gemshorn4
Cornopean8
Oboe8
 
Choir
Lieblich Gedact8
Viol di Gamba8
Flauto Dolce4
Harmonic Piccolo2
Clarinet8
 
Pedal
Open Diapason16
Sub Bass16
Bourdon (borrowed from Great)16
Octave8
Bass Flute (from Bourdon)8
 
Couplers
Choir to Pedal
Swell to Pedal
Great to Pedal
Choir to Great
Tremulant (entire organ)
Swell to Choir
Swell to Great Sub-Oct
Swell to Great Octave
Swell to Great