User login

Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Dalkey, Co. Dublin

RegionCo. Dublin - County
Uploaded byRónán Murray
Builder(s)
John White (c.1880)
Derek Verso (1991)

This organ was built by John White of Dublin in the 1880s, but was rebuilt with some tonal alterations by Derek Verso and Company in 1991. At that time the swell mechanism was balanced, although still operated by lever, and the pedal board replaced with a modern one. There are two composition pedals. It is a solidly built little organ with real presence in this gorgeous church, possessed of lovely acoustics.

Great
Open Diapason8
Bourdon8
Principal (replaces original String Gamba)4
Harmonic Flute4
Fifteenth2
MixtureIII
 
Swell
Lieblich Bourdon16
Open Diapason8
String Gamba 8
Voix Celestes8
Octave4
Octave (possibly replaces a long discarded Oboe)2
Horn8
 
Pedal
Pedal Bourdon16
 
Couplers (by hitch-down pedals)
Swell to Great
Swell to Pedal
Great to Pedal