User login

Oblate Church of Mary Immaculate, Inchicore, Dublin 8

RegionCo. Dublin - Dublin city
Uploaded byRónán Murray
Builder(s)
Evans & Barr (c.1920)
Images: 

This instrument was built by Evans and Barr in the early 20th century and originally had pneumatic action and 58 note manual compasses. It was later rebuilt with electro-pneumatic action by the Irish Organ Company, who extended the manual compasses to 61 notes and added, on a separate chest, a mixture to the Great division, as well as extending the Pedal Octave to provide a Choral Bass at 4' pitch. The great upperwork sounds as if it has been loudened at some stage, and the bass octave of the Swell Geigen Diapason is outside the swell enclosure. There are three thumb pistons per manual division and a general cancel piston. The organ is divided in the west gallery of this imposing and beautiful church, and although a potentially fine instrument, is arguably too small for such a large building.

Great
Open Diapason8
Stopped Diapason8
Dulciana8
Principal4
Twelfth2 2/3
Fifteenth2
Mixture (19-22-26)III
 
Swell
Geigen Diapason8
Wald Flute8
Echo Gamba8
Voix Celeste8
Gemshorn4
Sesquialtera (12-17)II
Cornopean8
Oboe8
Tremulant
 
Pedal
Open Diapason16
Bourdon16
Octave8
Bass Flute (from Bourdon)8
Choral Bass (from Octave)4
 
Couplers
Swell to Great
Swell to Pedal
Great to Pedal
Swell Octave
Swell Octave to Great