|Uploaded by||Ray O'Donnell|
The organ was originally built in 1912 by George Benson of Manchester, and was installed at Tourmakeady Parish Church, Co. Mayo, where it remained in use until the church closed for worship in the early 1950s. It was moved from Tourmakeady and subseqently re-installed in All Saints, Carnew, in 1956 by R. E. Meates and Son of Dublin.
It is a single manual instrument (56 notes), with a full pedal board (30 notes). The action is largely mechanical, with the exception of two additional stops whose action is electro-pneumatic. These - a two-rank mixture and a fifteenth - were added by Meates in 1995 on the instruction of the current organist, Mr. Leslie Dowse, in order to add more colour to the sound of the instrument. There are also two general mechanical foot-pistons which operate stops on the positive. The organ is in very good condition, and is well maintained.
This information was supplied by Robin Heather.
|Manual to Pedal|