User login

Church of the Assumption, Bride Street, Wexford

RegionCo. Wexford
Uploaded byRay O'Donnell
Builder(s)
William Telford (1858)
Kenneth Jones & Co. (1987)

One of the more unusual features of Wexford is the twin churches in Rowe Street and Bride Street. In the same spirit, two identical organs were installed in the churches by Telford in 1858. The organ of Bride Street has remained unaltered and was the subject of a historical restoration by Keneth Jones in 1987; that in Rowe Street has been altered over the years and further work was recently completed by Walkers.

The key-action is mechanical on the manuals and pneumatic on the pedals, and the organ is on a wind-pressure of 82 mm. Work carried out in 1987 included reinstating the great trackers and rollerboards using historical methods and materials, and reorganising the great mixtures according to Telford's original plan.

This information was supplied by Gerard Lawlor.

Stops marked with * are short octave ranks, beginning at tenor C.

Great
Double Diapason16
Open Diapason8
* Hohl Flute8
* Stopped Treble8
Stopped Bass8
Principal4
Flute Harmonic4
Twelfth2 2/3
Fifteenth2
MixtureIII
MixtureII
Trumpet8
Clarion4
 
Swell
* Double Diapason16
* Open Diapason8
* Dulciana8
* Celeste8
* Principal4
* Fifteenth2
* SesquialteraIII
* Cornopean8
* Oboe8
Tremulant
 
Choir
* Dulciana8
* Viol da Gamba8
* Stopped Treble8
Stopped Bass8
Principal4
Flute4
Principal2
 
Pedal
Open Diapason (wood)16
Bourdon16
 
Couplers
Swell to Great
Swell to Choir
Great to Pedal
Choir to Pedal (added 1987)