User login

Our Lady of Lourdes Strand Church, Youghal

RegionCo. Cork - County
Uploaded byJonathan Neville
Builder(s)
Telford & Telford (1888)
Images: 

This organ was originally built by Telford in 1888 for the Presentation Convent in Youghal.

In 1990, it was moved to its new home at the Church of Our Lady of Lourdes (aka Strand Church). This organ was originally designed for a smaller chapel, with its primary use being for the Divine Office.

It blends very well into its new location, and looks as if it was built specifically for the Strand Church. The church has excellent acoustics which makes the organ blend even more so in its new home

Choir
Piccolo Harmonic2
Flute Harmonic (TC)4
Gamba (Shared bass)8
Lieblich Gedackt8
Stopped Diapason Bass8
Open Diapason8
 
Swell
Oboe/Bassoon8
Octave4
Dulciana (Shared Bass)8
Geigan Principal8
 
Pedal
Bourdon16
 
Couplers
Swell to Choir
Swell to Pedals
Choir to Pedals
 
Various
Hitch-type Swell pedal
Direct Tracker Action