User login

St Mary's Parish Church, Youghal

RegionCo. Cork - County
Uploaded byJonathan Neville
Builder(s)
Telford & Telford (1857)
Images: 

The Parish Church of St Mary in Youghal was built in 1796, and celebrated its Bi-Centenary in 1996. It is an unusual looking church with the main gallery at the back connected to two side galleries running the full length of the church.

The Pipe Organ was built by Telford & Telford in 1857, and the total number of pipes is about 1135. The organ has a most impressive ornate organ case. The only noticeable alterations to the organ since it was built are its repainting, and some suspicious pipe replacements.

Great
Trumpet8
Sesquialtra IV1 3/5
Fifteenth2
Twelfth2 2/3
Flute (TC)4
Principal4
Gamba (TC)8
Claribella Treble (TC)8
Stopped Diapason Bass8
Open Diapason8
Double Diapason Treble (TC)16
Bourdon (Bass)16
 
Swell
Oboe8
Mixture II1 1/3
Fifteenth2
Principal4
Dulciana (Shared Bass)8
Open Diapason8
Double Diapason (TC)16
 
Pedal
Open Diapason (Wood)16
 
Couplers
Swell to Great
Swell to Pedals
Great to Pedals
 
Various
2 pedal presets, 1 cancel
Hitch-type Swell pedal
Direct Tracker Action